Wednesday, June 10, 2009

It's our Anniversary....

I know I've been missing in action, but there's been a lot of things going on in my life, which I'll update you on later.




THIS post is dedicated to our First Anniversary, which was this past Sunday.

Here we are on our wedding day, 6/7/08!

We were looking forward to this day, but didn't want to spend a ton of money going out of town. Law said he'd make the plans and that he wanted it to be a surprise. Did I mention that I hate surprises?



On Saturday, hubby told me I needed to wear a nice dress, a casual outfit, and an overnight bag. I couldn't decide what to wear, so I made him tell me the details. I was pleasantly surprised: we were checking into the Hyatt, going to dinner in Old Town Alexandria, and going to a National's game the next day (our anniversary). Loved the plans!





We checked into our room at the Hyatt on Saturday afternoon, it was the beautiful Ambassador Suite. We were about to see the planes take off from National Airport. Later that evening we had dinner at the Charthouse in Alexandria. DELICIOUS! I've been to the Charthouse in Annapolis before, but this one was much, much better. We had salads, and I had crab cakes. Lawrence had the trio which included plump grilled shrimp, grilled crab cakes, and grilled salmon. Yummy! They brought out an ice cream cake with a candle for dessert, we had fun acting like kids while we were blowing out the candle. LOL.











After dinner we walked around the city. I have never been to Old Towne, and I feel like I've been missing out on something. Such a charming little town with tons of history. We ended up sitting on a bench in front of a fountain and reminiscing about the past year. We've been through so much the past 365 days, and I love him even more than I did on the day I married him. Sappy, cliche, but so true. Here are a few pics from that night









Me in our hotel room!



Standing in front of the fountain!


The next day we drove to Chinatown since there was no parking near the other Metro Station. We ate lunch, and then hopped on the Metro to head to the National's game. I've been asking Hubby for awhile to take me to a game, we both have never been. It was fun sitting on the Metro with all the Nat's fans, and listening to them debate why they suck so much, lol.



Us at the game!


The stadium, was nice, the weather was beautiful, but the game was uneventful. I see why they're the worst team in the league, our pitching sucks!


We came back home that night, ate dinner, and then spent 20 minutes unwrapping our wedding cake. My dad did an excellent job, no freezer burn! The cake was actually moist, but was sweeter than I remembered. It was good, but I only ate once slice. DH ate quite a few more :-)

I smushed it while taking off all the wrap, but it still tasted great!



We had a wonderful first anniversary, it was totally us, and I can't wait until the next one. Only 362 more days to go.....

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys had a blast! Congrats to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww wonderful anniversary! Your cake story is the exact same as ours...down to the 20 minutes of saran wrap! Our cake also seemed so much sweeter than last year (5-31-08). We only ate one peice! LOL! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete